1. Students should not be
absent themselves without prior sanction.
2. Leave application
in the prescribed form should reach the Principal at least a day before the
leave is to be availed, except, in case of emergency.
3. Students will
ensure from the office whether the leave has been sanctioned or not.
4. No student will be
granted more than five days leave at a stretch.
5. The Principal may demand to produce a Medical Certificate when leave is applied on medical grounds.
6. No leave will be
granted in continuation of the Onam or Xmas holidays.
7. In case of emergencies, the leave should be informed to the Principal/ class teacher over the phone.
8. A student
absenting himself without leave for five consecutive working days will be
removed from the rolls of the College.
9. A late comer will not be permitted to attend the class
during that period and he will be marked absent for half a day.
10. The attendance
certificate of the student will be issued only if the Principal is satisfied with
the student’s progress and conduct.
11. No student will be granted leave during practice teaching phases and community living camp.
Central Library & Reading room
1. The College
library is divided into the following sections.
a). Reference Section
b) Periodical Section
c) Issue Section
REGULATIONS RELATINGTO THE CENTRAL LIBRARY
1. The Central
library will function from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm on all working days.
2. Books of Reference
will be issued to the students for
reference only. They are not permitted to take home these books.
3. Students are
permitted to borrow only two books at a
time and these should not be the copies of the same book.
4. Books taken out by students shall not be retained for
more than 14 days. Failure to return a book on the due date entails a fine of
Rs.1/- per day
5. Transfer or
sublending of book is strictly prohibited.
underlining etc. in any book, manuscript or maps belonging to the library are
7. Books which have been borrowed from the library must be
returned when demanded by the librarian. Failure to do so will
special fine payment.
8. When borrowing a
book students shall bring to the notice of the librarian any damage in the book, otherwise they will be held
responsible for such damage.
9. In case of a book loss, a new book should be replaced. If the book is not
available for replacement, the value of the lost book will be refunded.
1. Newspapers and periodicals should not be
2. Any loss
or damage will have to be compensated by the person responsible for it.
silence should be maintained in the reading room.
4.Students are strictly forbidden from tearing off pictures, pages from papers or periodicals
1. Every day the college begins with the mass prayer.
2. Students should give due respect to teachers when they enter and leave
the room by getting up and greeting the teachers.
3. No student will enter or leave the classroom when the session is on
without the permission of the teacher concerned.
4. Students are expected to spend
their free hours in the Library/Reading Rooms. They should not wander along the corridors or crowd at the gate or
in front of the office.
5. Nothing is more appreciated in
a student than courteous and good
behaviour. Students should give due respect to teachers and the other
staff of the college. Greet them insde and outside the campus
6. Students are expected to be
properly dressed. Showy clothes are to be avoided. Students are expected to
show dignity in their dress and general behaviour.
7. Smoking which is
injurious to health, is strictly prohibited in the college campus. Students are
expected to switch off their mobile phones inside the campus.
8. Do not damage or disfigure the
walls,doors,windows, furniture etc. Learning not to damage property whether
public or private is one of the primary requirements for civilized behaviour.
9. Political activities are strictly banned in the campus. Students are
forbidden to organize or attend meetings other than academic ones. Students resorting to strikes are
strictly prohibited from entering the verandah of the building or the class
10. Do not submit mass petitions to the Principal. If you
have any grievance or complaint, let your representatives meet him.
11. Any student who
is presentably insubordinate, who is repeatedly or will fully mischievous, who
is guilty or fraud or does malpractice in connection with examinations or who,
in the opinion of the Principal, is likely to have a wholesome influence on his
fellow students shall be removed from the rolls. The removal shall be either
temporary or permanent according to the gravity of the offence.
12. No student
shall take up any remunerative work during his study in the college. Students
violating this can be removed from the college or debarred from the University
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
1. All parents are requested to attend the Parent -Teacher
meetings without fail.
2. Parent shall meet
the Principal and teachers at least once in a semester and as and when
3. Parents shall see that their son / daughter abide by the
rules and regulations of the college.
SUSPENSION / DISMISSAL
integral to Education and irregular attendance, habitual disobedience,
dishonesty, laziness, breech of discipline or misconduct are sufficient reasons
for the suspension or dismissal of students. Management may modify the rules
and regulations and add new ones.
1. There shall be
admission to Women students in the Sree Narayana Training College Hostel for
Women. The rules in the hostel shall be strictly observed.
2. All women students who are not day scholars shall reside
in the Sree Narayana Training College Hostel for Women.
3. Change of residence should be reported immediately to the
1. The Principal of
the college shall be the warden of the hostel.
2. The Hostel shall
be under the discplinary control of the warden.
3. The name of the
visitors who are likely to visit inmates shall be given by the guardians at the
time of admission. Only approved visitors will be allowed to visit inmates in
4. The inmates will
be allowed to meet the visitors in the visitors’ room only after getting
permission from the matron.
5. Visitors will be allowed in the hostel from 4 pm to 6 pm
on working days and from 9 am to 12 pm and from 3 pm to 6 pm on holidays.
6. The inmates are
not allowed to bring visitors including day scholars into their rooms without
the special permission of the warden.
7. No inmate will be
allowed to stay out after 6 pm.
8. An inmate is
permitted to leave the hostel for home, shopping etc. only with the written permission from the warden and she
has to enter all details in the movement register kept in the hostel before
9. The inmates should
strictly adhere to the Hostel rules and timetable. On daily roll call all
should be present.
10. An inmate whose character is found unsatisfactory will
be dismissed without assigning reasons.
Procedures and Policies for maintaining and utilizing Physical /Academic Resources
Sree Narayana Training College, Nedunganda is a well-established Teacher Education Institution contributing to the Society and Nation. The College is under the potential management of S. N. Trusts, Kollam. Sree Narayana Training College is committed to build up a group of enthusiastic teachers for leading the future generation of the country. We provide the holistic education with a view to enrich and empower the multifaceted talents of the future teachers. The experiences provided to the student teachers equip them to meet the challenges and changes in the global educational scenario. We strive to uphold our motto and make it more sound and distinguished. Our value based education helps the younger generation to rejuvenate and bloom the future generation. Thereby, the institution realizes –
Our Vision on
"ENLIGHTENMENT THROUGH EDUCATION"
" To provide value embedded quality oriented education"
" To nourish the potentials of the future nation builders" "To equip the student teachers to meet the challenges in the global education scenario "
" To strengthen the Society through Unity "
" To render Selfless Service to the Humanity "
Sree Narayana Training College has established transparent and robust procedures for the utilization and maintenance of all physical, academic and support facilities and is well communicated among all the concerned stakeholders. Even though, the college has an efficient management representative to support and monitor its functioning, the management decentralizes all academic and administrative matters by constituting various committees consisting teachers and student representatives with specific objectives to achieve the vision of the college.
For maintaining and utilizing Physical /Academic Resources we have a well prepared plan. There is a Committee to monitor the same. The Committee is headed by the Principal and the members including teaching and non-teaching are assigned charges to monitor the day to day activities. Various Resources In Charges are the respective members.
The detailed procedures and related policies for maintaining & utilizing Physical /Academic Resources are as follows: - Resources In Charges including Physical & Academic are monitoring the utilization and maintenance of Resources. Each Department Head is ensuring the availability of resources in the respective department. Resources In Charges are concentrating on whether
1. Resources are ready and made available whenever required
2. Resources are repaired, calibrated, maintained and upgraded at optimal levels.
3. Resource utilization is tracked and records maintained
4. The availability of the resource is made known to the College Authorities and campus community
5. Notified to the Principal in case a resource is underutilized or not utilized.
Procedure adopt for the Utilization of Resources are
Permission for the utilization is taken from the respective authorities.
It is communicated in written to the In Charge so as to make the resource available.
Procedure adopt for Repairs and Maintenance of Resources:
- Every In Charge regularly checks the resource available in their custody and verifies its working condition.
- Accordingly report of nonworking material is communicated to the Principal and remark is mentioned in the Stock Register.
- HOD complies all the complaints and segregates them in urgent and annual maintenance categories.
- The follow up of the urgent maintenance equipment or resources is taken immediately after the approval of the Principal
- The annual maintenance resources are forwarded at the end of every academic year after thorough inspection of the equipment.
- Also, depending upon the cost of equipment and its maintenance requirement the quotations are invited and the detailed procedure is followed through purchase committee.
- A Register is maintained when the equipment is taken for repair/maintenance/calibration outside the College and when receives back the same after maintenance. Principal is the Custodian of the Register.
- After the maintenance of particular resource, it is informed and satisfactory remark is taken from the concerned In Charge. After getting the remark from all the concerned, the authority approves the bill for payment and accordingly payment is released.